Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kitted out and ready to go

Last Spring/Summer was a quite successful time in the kayak, however a few things were needed to make it a more comfortable and enjoyable experience. I noticed in snapper season that the "hot bite" started on dusk and as I didn't have a light this was always when I had to head in. Also, in Spring we tend to get a stiff westerly breeze that blows the 'yak along a bit too fast for throwing plastics. To this end I decided I needed a few things, and with my birthday it was the perfect time to get them!

I am now the proud owner of a drogue (sea anchor) to slow down my drifts, and also a tektite light which will be mounted behind me on top of about 1m of 1" PVC, and it battery operated and waterproof to 300m so I can fish after dark and get the big reds!


I was also lucky enough to get a Shimano Stradic Ci4 1000FML attached to a Shimano Jewel 2-4kg rod. A very nice combo which will be put to great use over the coming months, particularly when we hit the Glenelg river in mid November!

No comments:

Post a Comment