Saturday, October 3, 2009

Trips and research

I have just spent a couple of hours researching kayaks first hand. Capacity Sports in Sandringham and Sport Phillip Marine in Mornington. I first went to Capacity Sports and they were extremely helpful and I am very interested in their Moken 12 by Feel Free, which they had at $1595 with a decent seat and rudder, or an Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 at $1795 with seat and rudder. I will try them both out probably next weekend (They hire them for up to 3 days). The Moken particularly looks good, although the advantage of the Prowler is the bait board. Both have pros and cons. Sport Phillip Marine was a long drive for only a couple of kayaks, and they tended to be a bit more expensive than Capacity Sports, so I think I'll stick to the guys in Sandringham. I figure if Dad, Glen and myself each put in about $1000 then we can get 2 kayaks, as if three of us are fishing at once we may as well just take the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment