Sunday, October 18, 2009

The adventure begins

My first trip in Sharkbait 1 was last saturday, 17th October. It was an average day at Coronet Bay, with 15 knots or so of wing and white caps. However, I was bored and the kayak looked tempting, so I ventured out, without taking any rods. It was easy to handle and smooth through the water. With the waves I did get fairly wet but that's kayaking. I didn't use the scupper plugs for under my backside but that may have been an option. Overall a very enjoyable experience.
Since then I have purchased a 1.5kg anchor from ebay for $16, and need to get some chain, anchor cord and rig up a pulley system for it, so that I can get out on the whiting over summer. Am at a wedding this weekend but the following weekend is cup day, so 4 days at the beach for testing it further and putting on my new anchor system!

No comments:

Post a Comment