Sunday, November 8, 2009

Emergency Procedures

Went out over the weekend a couple of times from Coronet Bay, and was lucky enough to have a mate out yachting near me, even though the water was flat and there was no wind!
I decided to take advantage of this by 'falling' out of the kayak and seeing how easy it is to get back in. Turns out it is very stable and I'd be lucky to fall out, even in rough circumstances. When I did jump out and was in the water, it was simply a matter of grabbing the opposite side of the kayak to where I was, and pulling myself up with minimal disruption to the kayak.
The one problem I did find though was that when I jumped out, shaking the kayak my paddle came free of the paddle holder, so I have to remember to tighten that.
A great weekend, no fishing out of it yet but next time I go I'm all set now!

No comments:

Post a Comment