Sunday, November 29, 2009

I see red, I see red, I see red!

Went to a working bee at Coronet Bay this weekend with the family. Saturday saw us painting, digging holes and concreting. A lazy sunday morning saw us finishing off breakfast about 9am so I decided to take out the kayak to test out its new anchor system. Promised Zach that I wouldn't be long so he could have a go, so had to make it quick. I grabbed a rod with a 5" Nuclear Chicken SP on in and was away.
I headed out towards the stick and anchored up about 150-200m short of it (The anchor system works well) and started casting. 4th cast I had a massive hit, but failed to hook up. Next cast I hit an underwater steam train and it was game on! On my light gear the fish ran and ran, but after a while was tiring. I saw a flash of red and it was off again. Got it to the boat 4 or 5 times but didn't have a net! Finally got it in the boat and it measured in at 47cms. Great eating, but more importantly my first kayak fish! Next cast saw another missed hit, then had 3 more casts and had to head in. So due to time restrictions got in only 10 casts but had 3 hits - Will definitely be back out soon!
Pictures to come (They were taken on Dad's mobile phone so he needs to email them), but a big lesson was that I need a net!

No comments:

Post a Comment