Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bushy's Stiffy Devilfish vibe - Major Issue!

During the trip to Bemm (See previous post), there were some great fish caught. My #1 lure by an absolute mile was the Bushy's Stiffy Devilfish vibe in the "Phantom" colour. It caught many bream, and even had the big EP up to the boat (Dad's netting skills notwithstanding) during our trip.

On the last day though, after a fruitless hour or so of casting I had a really good bream on. After a tense struggle, I finally got it near the boat. It did the last gasp lunge for freedom, as all fish do and then was gone. I couldn't believe that the hooks had pulled! When I reeled it in, turns out the hooks hadn't pulled - The vibe had snapped!


This is most disappointing for a number of reasons:

1) It was a great bream and would have capped off an even better trip.
2) They're not cheap - Have paid anywhere from $12.95 to $16.50 for them.

Mark at the General Store where I bought it was nice enough to replace it free of charge, however I am now not 100% using them anymore - They hook lots of fish but can you trust them with a fish of a lifetime? I have since heard of a number of them snapping in half or even having hooks rip out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment