Wednesday, July 7, 2010

All quiet at Mornington

Well, we have had a week of inclement weather to start the school holidays. I spent the first week at Coronet Bay, and got a leave pass one day to go to Mornington to chase some squid for bait. I got there and it was a massive onshore wind (No internet to check weather conditions from Coronet Bay, although Westernport was very calm!). I headed out through surf-like conditions but came back in shortly afterwards when I was nearly tipped numerous times by the swell.
Headed out again yesterday in much better conditions, however the squid would not play the game. The water had cleared up, and I was fishing the high tide so it looked very likely. First cast produced a small inker. Second cast I tried a new jig and snagged it up straight away - My 4lb leader was no match for the reef! Back to my old faithful natural yamashita 2.0 and over one and a half hours I got one more smallish squid. Headed back in about 11.30.
Not a great day, but sure beats working!

No comments:

Post a Comment